Shyness Quotes

Shyness has a strange element of narcissism, a belief that how we look, how we perform, is truly important to other people.
André Dubus

Heaven, no. I was shy for several years in my early days in Hollywood until I figured out that no one really gave a damn if I was shy or not, and I got over my shyness.
Lucille Ball


I've gotten better at not making people feel uncomfortable with my shyness.
Clea Duvall

Shyness is just egotism out of its depth.
Penelope Keith

The bashful are always aggressive at heart.
Charles Horton Cooley

The shy man does have some slight revenge upon society for the torture it inflicts upon him. He is able, to a certain extent, to communicate his misery. He frightens other people as much as they frighten him. He acts like a damper upon the whole room, and the most jovial spirits become, in his presence, depressed and nervous.
Jerome K. Jerome

You know what my greatest personal stumbling block is? My shyness.
Susan Lucci

Where is home? Home is where the heart can laugh without shyness. Home is where the heart's tears can dry at their own pace.
Vernon Baker


The meek shall inherit the Earth.
Psalms 37:11


The way you overcome shyness is to become so wrapped up in something that you forget to be afraid.
Claudia Lady Bird Johnson

I can do anything you want me to do so long as I don't have to speak.
Linda Evangelista

The level of shyness has gone up dramatically in the last decade. I think shyness is an index of social pathology rather than a pathology of the individual.
Philip Zimbardo

Everyone is shy --- it is the inborn modesty that makes us able to live in harmony with other creatures and our fellows. Achievement comes not by denying shyness but, occasionally, by setting it aside and letting pride and perspiration come first.
Kirkpatrick Sale


Ignorance wavers between extreme audacity and extreme shyness.
Valery

The shell must break before the bird can fly.
Tennyson

What troubles me is the Internet and the electronic technology revolution. Shyness is fueled in part by so many people spending huge amounts of time alone, isolated on e-mail, in chat rooms, which reduces their face-to-face contact with other people.
Philip Zimbardo

Many a man is praised for his reserve and so-called shyness when he is simply too proud to risk making a fool of himself.
J. B. Priestley

Shy and proud men are more liable than any others to fall into the hands of parasites and creatures of low character. For in the intimacies which are formed by shy men, they do not choose, but are chosen.
Sir Henry Taylor

0 comments: