Learning by Doing is Learning from Failures Quotes

Tell me, I will forget. Show me, I may remember. Involve me, and I will understand.
Chinese Proverb

Or a different version:

I read – I forget
I see – I remember
I do – I understand


The only way to learn to do anything: Just do it = Childlike learning (speaking, walking, etc).

Also: Many arts and special skills like dancing, singing, swimming and martial arts are all learnt by going to an expert or a teacher who makes us learn by doing rather than by listening to lectures or reading books.

Because, by doing, we are given an opportunity to fail.

While doing we tend to fail and failures are very important in the learning process.

Nobody likes to fail.

Once we fail we start wondering what went wrong. Thus at that point of failure a profound learning takes place.

Failures are the stepping stones to success.

One thousand days to learn; ten thousand days to refine.
Japanese Proverb



0 comments: