Stephen King Quotes

Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.
Stephen King

The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool.
Stephen King

People want to know why I do this, why I write such gross stuff. I like to tell them I have the heart of a small boy... and I keep it in a jar on my desk.
Stephen King

Fiction is the truth inside the lie.
Stephen King

When asked, "How do you write?" I invariably answer, "one word at a time."
Stephen King






I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries.
Stephen King

Nobody was really surprised when it happened, not really, not on the subconscious level where savage things grow.
Stephen King

I guess when you turn off the main road, you have to be prepared to see some funny houses.
Stephen King

Get busy living, or get busy dying.
Stephen King


It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost.
Stephen King



No, it's not a very good story - its author was too busy listening to other voices to listen as closely as he should have to the one coming from inside.
Stephen King



Each life makes its own immitation of immortality.
Stephen King

Only enemies speak the truth; friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of duty.
Stephen King

Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.
Stephen King

The most important things are the hardest things to say. They are the things you get ashamed of because words diminish your feelings - words shrink things that seem timeless when they are in your head to no more than living size when they are brought out.
Stephen King

God is cruel. Sometimes he makes you live.
Stephen King

I work until beer o'clock.
Stephen King

0 comments: