Carpe Diem Quotes - Life Is Short

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
Chinese Proverb

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

My today is what I will to make it. I will to make it perfect…
Walter Russell

Why always "not yet"? Do flowers in spring say "not yet"?
Norman Douglas

Why must conversions always come so late? Why do people always apologize to corpses?
David Brin

I will do today that which is of today and pay no heed to the tomorrow; nor waste regrets on that which was yesterday.
Walter Russell

My day shall be filled to overflowing, yet shall I not haste the day; nor shall I waste the day.Walter Russell

You live longer once you realize that any time spent being unhappy is wasted.
Ruth E. Renkl

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.
Abraham Lincoln

I have lived eighty years of life and know nothing for it, but to be resigned and tell myself that flies are born to be eaten by spiders and man to be devoured by sorrow.
Voltaire

You may delay, but time will not.
Benjamin Franklin

The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time. Mark Twain

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
Elbert Hubbard

0 comments: