Betrayal Quotes

God defend me from my friends; from my enemies I can defend myself.

To betray you must first belong
Harold Philby

One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Steven Deitz

We have to distrust each other. It is our only defence against betrayal.
Tennessee Wellians

Silence is the true friend that never betrays.
Confucius

Betrayal does that -- betrays the betrayer.
Erica Jong

We are inconsolable at being deceived by our enemies and betrayed by our friends, yet still we are often content to be thus served by ourselves.
François de la Rochefoucauld

Betrayal is the only truth that sticks.
Arthur Miller

It is most true, stylus virum arguit, - our style betrays us.
Robert Burton

Anything may be betrayed, anyone may be forgiven, but not those who lack the courage of their own greatness.
Ayn Rand

I need not fear my enemies because the most they can do is attack me. I need not fear my friends because the most they can do is betray me. But I have much to fear from people who are indifferent.
Russian Proverb

Betrayal is about learning not to idealize external sources.
Linda Talley

Every betrayal contains a perfect moment, a coin stamped heads or tails with salvation on the other side.
Barbara Kingsolver

Betrayal can only happen if you love.
John Le Carre

Anyone who hasn’t experienced the ecstasy of betrayal knows nothing about ecstasy at all.
Jeab Genet

0 comments: