Sarkozy Quotes

Get to know the politician Sarkozy by checking out some of these quotes:


I want an integrated Europe, in other words, a Europe that has borders ... Turkey is in Asia Minor.
Nicolas Sarkozy


We've got the highest taxes in Europe. France's problem is we're paying too much tax.
Nicolas Sarkozy


Do we ask ourselves why the English buy our houses in the Dordogne and the Périgord, in the Lubéron, in Savoie and in many other regions? ... I have nothing against the English, who are our friends, but it is not my ambition that the most beautiful villages of France become holiday resorts reserved for the British.
Nicolas Sarkozy


Each time there is a news story, sometimes that gives ideas to people who then turn into criminals,
Nicolas Sarkozy

I am showing solidarity while being different. Or if you prefer, I am being different while being in solidarity.
Nicolas Sarkozy

Certain people in France call me Sarkozy the American. I'm proud of it. I'm a man of action. I do what I say and I try to be pragmatic.
Nicolas Sarkozy

If a wife is kept hostage at home without learning French, the whole family will be asked to leave (the country.

It will never be possible to stress enough the evil that the 35-hour week has done to our country. How can we retain this mad idea that by working less, we will produce more wealth and create jobs?
Nicolas Sarkozy


If we want to restore hope to the French people, great changes are essential.
Nicolas Sarkozy

Who can't see that there's a clear link between the uncontrolled immigration of 30 or 40 years and the social explosion on our housing estates?
Nicolas Sarkozy


If people don't like being in France they only have to leave. We've had more than enough of always having the feeling that we must apologise for being French.
Nicolas Sarkozy

We want to allow families to return to football stadiums and feel safe. It was about time.
Nicolas Sarkozy

Why so much hatred [directed at me]? Perhaps it's because I say out loud what everyone quietly thinks.
Nicolas Sarkozy


Being able to find a compromise is about being brave and serving France. It is what the UMP asks for and expects

0 comments: